Last Mile Design

David Ratkay djratkay79 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:46:40 UTC 2019

I am not sure if this is a easy question to answer. But I am wondering what
ISP's do for their residential and business customers for designing POP's
that they usually access to get theur traffic into a given ISP and beyond.
Is it usually a L1/L2 connection from the CE to the last mile POP? Or L2
even within the last mile POP. Do you just have POP's delegated to
residential users and a separate POP for business users. Or is it done on a
geographical basis. So for this region of City-A we manage both residential
and business customers at this same POP.