Initial ARIN IPv4 membership and resource request

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Thu Feb 7 13:56:19 UTC 2019

On 2/6/19 6:42 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> While it’s a possibility, I wouldn’t bet my business on the continued availability of resources through that process at this point.

To put it into perspective, the waiting list has people on it from over 18 months ago albeit asking for comparatively large blocks.  There are wait-listed requests for a /24, the smallest they'll deal in via that process, that are getting close to a year old.

With how much IPv4 space is now worth in the specified recipient transfer market, I would suspect almost everybody with existing space will be making use of that with ARIN basically getting "returned" space largely via people failing to pay their ARIN fees.
--
Brandon Martin