[EXTERNAL] Re: RTBH no_export

Nikos Leontsinis Nikos.Leontsinis at eu.equinix.com
Mon Feb 4 13:11:51 UTC 2019

I heard that before...

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Bernat <bernat at luffy.cx>
Sent: Monday, February 4, 2019 9:48 AM
To: i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt <martijnschmidt at i3d.net>
Cc: Nikos Leontsinis <Nikos.Leontsinis at eu.equinix.com>; Paul S. <contact at winterei.se>; nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: RTBH no_export

 ❦  4 février 2019 09:01 +00, i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt <martijnschmidt at i3d.net>:

> Cogent does let you use RTBH, but on a separate BGP session to a
> blackhole server. So it's a bit more hassle to set it up policy-wise,
> because it deviates from the standard. Same story for "former
> GlobalCrossing", now CenturyLink's AS3549, which is still used for
> LATAM and Asia.

Cogent will "soon" support a blackhole community on regular BGP sessions. I've got this information a few months ago, so maybe just ask for it to make it happen sooner.
--
Use uniform input formats.
This email is from Equinix (EMEA) B.V. or one of its associated companies in the territory from where this email has been sent. This email, and any files transmitted with it, contains information which is confidential, is solely for the use of the intended recipient and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately. Equinix (EMEA) B.V.. Registered Office: Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Registered in The Netherlands No. 57577889.