[EXTERNAL] Re: RTBH no_export

Nikos Leontsinis Nikos.Leontsinis at eu.equinix.com
Mon Feb 4 08:39:19 UTC 2019

This is a 20+ year old solution. Ugly because you will block good traffic and on your effort to protect your network you will block legitimate traffic too (satisfying the attacker) but most upstream providers
will give  you a community to use (Cogent is a notable exception) and tag the prefix under attack so that the attack will not reach your network.
Sadly most IXs after 20 years they still don't understand the need for this community but at least someone has written an rfc so that all of us use the same community.
At least we made some progress there...