DNS Flag Day, Friday, Feb 1st, 2019

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sat Feb 2 20:01:22 UTC 2019

> On 3 Feb 2019, at 2:01 am, Stephen Satchell <list at satchell.net> wrote:
>
> On 2/1/19 1:23 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
>> Google has started their rollout.
>
> So has Red Hat (RHEL and Centos).  I woke up to a rather large update
> this morning.

RedHat or third party RPM’s you have chosen to run on RedHat?  RedHat is
notorious for not updating packages they include in the base system and to
the best of my knowledge they haven’t dug these changes out of BIND 9.13 (which
is a development series) and back ported them.  BIND 9.14 is yet to be released.

Now PowerDNS have released their new recursive server and if you happen to have
installed that on RedHat it may have been what you saw.

https://blog.powerdns.com/2019/02/01/changes-in-the-powerdns-recursor-4-2-0/

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC