5G roadblock: labor

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Tue Dec 31 14:10:20 UTC 2019

I would still find it hard to believe you would need that kind of speed, today, in any reasonable situation. Also, today's infrastructure can more than handle that in most places. Where it can't, 5G isn't going to be there for a very long time or some other method would fix it first (such as improved backhaul or site densification with existing technologies).

I'm not saying what we have will work for us forever, but it will solve no current problems. There is no need to rush like the network is on fire.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com