5G roadblock: labor

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Tue Dec 31 13:49:14 UTC 2019

I figured someone would bring that likely misquote out at some point. I say likely misquote because there is no evidence that he actually said it.

Now... now very, very few have any "need" for 25 megabit/s via mobile service to their phone. You would be hard-pressed to find an actual need for more than 5 megabit/s to a phone and yet in most areas, you can get well into double-digits on your phone with existing technology and infrastructure. Hell, I can often get over 100 megabit/s on my phone. Seems to work for me.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com