5G roadblock: labor

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Mon Dec 30 22:48:34 UTC 2019

On 12/30/19 2:39 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> It'd be nice to see what benefits 5g really has for carriers and
> consumers/users... It looks, to me, like a bunch of the 5g hype is
> really: "uhm, we need to sell these carriers on the G++ ... spin up
> the hype machine about speed!" never mind the cost to deploy, range of
> deployment, changes in handset/radio gear / etc... more $ to the
> vendors!

You know that there is a massive amount of hype going on when they tie
IoT to why it's definitely most certainly needed the mostest. I mean,
your average IoT gadget is going to consume exactly how much bandwidth?
And why on earth would I want to deploy using cellular when my router
can have a zigby port and send it using my home connection?

Mike