5G roadblock: labor

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Mon Dec 30 20:49:54 UTC 2019

On Monday, 30 December, 2019 13:24, Matthew Petach <mpetach at netflight.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, Wi-Fi handoffs suck donkey balls compared to
>cell tower handoffs when moving.  It's fine when you're
>stationary, but walking down the street, and shifting from
>one wifi hotspot to the next, you're going to be dropping
>and re-establishing connections with a new endpoint IP
>address every time.

So the primary benefit of 5G is that it will allow for an increase in asshats not watching where they are going because they are busy staring at their phones?

I suppose there is the advantage then of more dead asshats.  At least they will only walk in front of a speeding lorry once and then be dead, thus solving the problem.

Maybe 5G *is* a good thing as it will inherently encourage clean-up of the gene pool.  Now if only we could figure out a way to reliably get them out of the gene pool before they reached breading age ...