Iran cuts 95% of Internet traffic

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sun Dec 29 22:38:15 UTC 2019

--- jhellenthal at dataix.net wrote:
From: "J. Hellenthal" <jhellenthal at dataix.net>

Yeah sorry to say any email list or not is going to be one
of the things that are not going to get through unless ...
you’ve taken extra measures to circumvent that.

Personally, email would be the easiest to block behind
riuting.

After I sent the email I started to realize I likely
misunderstood.  I hesitated to correct that to the list,
but here I go. :)

> queues can be written to media, physically transported
> in/out, and then injected either into an internal or
> external network seamlessly modulo the time delay.

I believe he meant similar to *nix boxes where you could
just copy the files in $HOME/mail (or where ever it is)
onto media and once the data is out of the country it can
be copied onto another mail system's $HOME/mail and then
shared with the unblocked part of the internet.  Not a
user account on somethingmail.com, but rather the entire
$HOME/mail of all accounts and mailed to someone else who
is somewhere else on a regular basis.  Also, the reverse
path for receiving mail in the repressive country.

A good idea either way.  KISS works. :)

scott

--
 J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.