power to the internet

Joe Maimon jmaimon at jmaimon.com
Sun Dec 29 03:19:19 UTC 2019

They are quite lacking in longevity and density.

Which is fine if you have enough space and adequate maintenance to
change them out and they are only a bridge for local generation.

Remote installations do not typically have these characteristics.

Pretty much every basement mux or other RT telco installation I have
ever seen had the original battery setup still in place and lasted
approximately 3 seconds when the lights went off. I try to put them into
my batteries whenever possibly.

Further, many fios/cable customer NID devices do come with batteries,
but they are usually lead acid, often the telco charges to replace the
battery and they are typically only there to power the POTS lines on the
NID.

Joe