power to the internet

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Dec 26 18:26:17 UTC 2019

If that was a reference to my comments, it was certainly not my intention.
I was striving to avoid it being seen as that, but apparently fell short.

To reanswer the question posed though, is still the same ; $$$. If network
operators take the position that the electric utility supply should be more
reliable than it is, then they need to start influencing and lobbying for
ways for that to happen. If not, they will have to increase investments
into local generation or storage capacity to bridge those gaps.

You seem to imply that regulation is inherently bad; however the scenario
that you describe (power failures impacting 911 service) is only a concern
to an operator if there is a legislatively define deterrent.