Thursday: Internet outage eastern Europe Iran and Turkey

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sun Dec 22 04:52:08 UTC 2019

--- morrowc.lists at gmail.com wrote:
From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>

I do think the overall conversation about nation states
disabling internet (which is not likely the case with
Sean's original post?) is nanog-worthy.

Yes, I believe you're correct for the most part.  I just
was more interested in the technical parts and there is
a global audience here that may have insight as to how
that part of the network is working.  I can easily see
how that would get out of control.  But, how are they
configuring their network elements to block is my
question.  (DPI? BGP? etc.)

scott