FCC proposes $10 Million fine for spoofed robocalls

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 16:16:08 UTC 2019

How is it envisioned that this will work?
I mean, I'm all for less spam calling... and ideally there would be
some form of 'source address verification' on the PSTN/phone
network... but in today's world that really just doesn't exist and the
motivations to suppress fake sources are 'just as good' as they are on
the intertubes. (with crappier options in the gear - SHAKEN/STIR are
really not even available in the majority of the switch 'gear' right?)