Fwd: urgent opening: Engineer-Transport - III

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Dec 19 00:52:47 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 4:39 PM Javier J <javier at advancedmachines.us> wrote:
> I got tons of these spammed to me everyday, only reason I posted this particular one was that it was very specific to network infrastructure.

Hi Javier,

I probably got 5 like it this week. Only counting the ones that got
detailed about network infrastructure. And I'm not even looking for a
network engineering job; I want to write network software.

So yeah, dime a dozen, no need to share with Nanog. Post a resume to a
few job boards and you'll get flooded with them too.

> Mentioning core networking equipment.
> Are they really using fake job postings to justify H1-B hires these days?
>
> Well that is Fing depressing if true.

Yes, they do. You won't know for sure though until you tell them your
salary and hear what they say. If it's way under market (it often is)
then yeah, it's H1-B spam. And there is a sorry amount of that going
around.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--