Short-circuited traceroutes on FIOS

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Dec 12 13:55:28 UTC 2019

Yeah, and what do you do with a traceroute that looks like this….  (ip address intentionally changed)

C:\>tracert -d -w 1 1.2.3.4

Tracing route to 1.2.3.4 over a maximum of 30 hops

  1     8 ms     5 ms     5 ms  96.8.191.129

  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.

  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.

 9     *        *        *     Request timed out.

10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17   267 ms   202 ms     *     1.2.3.4

18   205 ms   175 ms     *     1.2.3.4

19   160 ms   233 ms     *     1.2.3.4

20   199 ms   201 ms     *     1.2.3.4