Starting to Drop Invalids for Customers

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 17:08:32 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:35 AM Matt Corallo <nanog at as397444.net> wrote:

> Right, but you’re also taking a strong, cryptographically-authenticated system and making it sign non-authenticated data. Please don’t do that. If you want to add the data to RPKI, there should be a way to add the data to RPKI, not sign away control of your number resources to unauthenticated sources.

I don't think that's what I was saying, at all, actually.

I was saying:
  "I assume you must have some system to create IRR data, that system
knows: '1.0.1.0/24 ASFOO MAINT-FOOBAR'  is ok."

that system could now add '1.0.1.0/24 ASFOO' to the RPKI.

Where does that say: "make it sign unauthenticated data" ?