DDoS attack

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Mon Dec 9 20:17:17 UTC 2019

For short term relief, you might consider asking your upstream provider to block the unused IPs in your network that are being attacked. It may not get everything, but it could drop the volume considerably. Just be sure that the provider blocks them silently, without sending “no route to host” ICMP back to the hacker. That way the hacker won’t know that you’ve done anything and reshape his attack.

 -mel