virginia beach

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Dec 7 22:27:39 UTC 2019

Indeed.

Even if the PFE and SLTE are side-by-side inside a room at the CLS, the
physical connection between them typically happens inside the BMH (beach
manhole).

So provided you can run the Management traffic between the SLTE and PFE
optically, you can separate both devices as far as your optics can carry
the full channel payload toward the wet plant. That could be anywhere
between 80km - 120km, depending on your optics and Tx launch power
requirements.

Mark.