Equinix

Radu-Adrian Feurdean nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Fri Dec 6 20:01:56 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019, at 17:10, Martijn Schmidt via NANOG wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> You're probably best off ordering those crossconnects through the
> Equinix portal, then you can choose the exact positions for the order
> that goes to the facility rather than relying on a human to transcribe
> them correctly from your PDF.

Hi,

I used to have issues with them at $job[-1].
At some point I had an "explanation" that they will NOT deliver XCos on ports that already have a cable plugged "in order not to cause disruptions". So much for precabled positions.... At some point it was also clear that their records (both their portal and their "other/non-official" records) were pretty far from being correct. The best part was when I ordered ONE XCo de-installed an I got TWO (the extra one a backbone link).
Everything done via portal. Paris (FR/EU) area.
Things seems a little better now, but as far as I can remember, things happen in "waves" there.
Actually there's much more to say about them but for today it's enough.

--
R-A.F.