Software Defined Networks

lobna gouda lobna_gouda at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:55:04 UTC 2019

Personally, the way I look to SDN today, as a use case. Saying just "SDN" is an unfair word. While it simply started as someone did not want to buy an expensive router while he can write a script on a server (controller) to program a switch to do what he wants, it drafted alot  from this view.

Although the hardware got smarter and with some vendors even cheaper, still it will not replace the flexibility of software, quick integration of smart AI controller feedback, flow granularity decisions and in some cases replacement of conventional protocols....etc Not as easy as it seems and comes with compromises

Brgds,

LG