Elephant in the room - Akamai

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Thu Dec 5 15:05:16 UTC 2019

Our AANP cache seems to have done the same in the
past 2 nights. Lots of traffic that has never
been there before.  It has however not reduced
the amount of traffic we're getting from AS20940
directly - still hit a new record level last night.

We've got a request in with them for a PNI.   If
things keep growing at this rate, we might need two!

Over the years, I've questioned how much the AANP
boxes really did for us, as their in:out ratio
seemed almost balanced.  If the last two nights
are an indication, then they're worth keeping.

--

Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)

tel. 519-985-8410