RIPE our of IPv4

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Dec 3 20:14:51 UTC 2019

On Tue, 03 Dec 2019 14:12:27 +1100, Mark Andrews said:

> Email is often out sourced so you don’t need your own IPv4 addresses for that.
> Then there is in the cloud for other services, again you don’t need your own IPv4
> addresses.

Are you seriously trying to say "If you're a new company, there's no plausible
reason for you to need your own IPv4 addresses, because there's no reason for
you to have your own mail servers or web servers"?

Because if it *were* true that people don't need v4 addresses so they can dual-stack,
we wouldn't have a healthy market buying and selling v4 address space.