RIPE our of IPv4

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Sun Dec 1 00:57:45 UTC 2019

On 11/30/19 12:18 PM, Justin Streiner wrote:
> Verizon is an interesting case.  While IPv6 penetration on the wireless side is very high, the same is not true on the Fios/DSL side.  IPv6 deployment there is nearly nonexistent.
> I've heard rumblings that some early Fios users will need to have their ONTs replaced to be able to get v6, regardless if the router itself supports it.  I don't know if this is true, because I've never been able to get a straight/authoritative answer from Verizon.

Does Verizon still own/manage ANY of their Fios territories?  I thought it was all sold off to Frontier at this point.  It certainly all is, along with all their legacy LEC territories not having FTTx and having some form of DSL, around here.  The latter DSL offerings are usually pretty hilarious.  It's mostly run out of the CO or existing RTUs from the POTS era.  I can't imagine they have a ton of subscribers outside of areas with literally no other wireline options, and I'm guessing a lot of that infrastructure hasn't been touched in a decade-plus.

Is Frontier-managed Fios included in those numbers regardless, or are they separate like I'd expect them to be?
--
Brandon Martin