Weekly Routing Table Report

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Aug 31 11:19:32 UTC 2019

Masataka Ohta wrote on 31/08/2019 12:14:
>> Your proposal is almost a text-book case of RFC1925, section 6:
>
> FYI, the rfc was published on 1 April.

I'm aware of the date that rfc1925 was published and the significance of
the date, and also that rfc1925 was intended to take a humorous approach
towards some very fundamental, recurrent themes which continue to
present themselves in networking theory and practice.

No-one is compelled to pay attention to anything rfc1925 for this
reason, but anyone dismissing it will do so to their own disadvantage.

>> I.e. instead of having network level complexity, you're proposing to
>> shift the problem to maintaining both state and network into the host
>> level. No doubt it has some benefits, but this comes at the cost of
>> bringing dfz complexity down to the host and all the consequent
>> support, scaling and management headaches associated with that. I.e.
>> the problem space shifts, but is not solved.
>
> So, you are joking, aren't you?

We need agree to disagree then.  I wish you well.

Nick