Asset management recommendations

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 08:36:39 UTC 2019

Do you really want asset management tools, or configuration management
tools with asset discovery / inventory capability?

Juniper supports Chef configuration management pretty extensively, and is
widely used for systems management and patch management on Linux.  Scales
to multisite well.  There are tie-ins to be able to export monitoring and
alerting tool configurations based on server and network inventories, etc.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-chef11.10/topics/concept/chef-overview.html

There are also Puppet, Ansible, and Saltstack in this product space,
slightly less well supported with Juniper as I understand it (haven't
looked extensively, someone else may have better info).

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com