Re: new BGP hijack & visibility tool “BGPalerter”

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 15:38:17 UTC 2019

This looks like fun!
(a few questions for the RIPE folk, I think though below)

What is the expected load of streaming clients on the RIPE service? (I
wonder because I was/am messing about with something similar, though
less node and js... not that that's relevant here).

I hadn't seen the ripe folk pipe up anywhere with what their SLO/etc
is for the ris-live service? (except their quip about: "used to run in
a tmux session I had to occassioanlly ssh into <foo> and restart when
<foo> rebooted" I believe the end of that quip in Iceland was: "and
now its' running as a real service")

Also, one of the strengths to the 'monitoring as a service' folks is
their number of collection points and breadth of ASN to which they
interconnect those points/ RISLive, I think, reports out from ~37 or
so RIPE probes, how do we (the internet) get more deployed (or better
interconnection to the current sets)? and maybe even more
imoprtantly... what's the right spread/location/interconnectivity map
for these probes?

thanks! for showing what's possible with tooling being developed by
like minded individuals :)

-chris