new BGP hijack & visibility tool “BGPalerter”

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Thu Aug 15 15:10:13 UTC 2019

Hi Ryan, Alarig,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 07:13:47PM +0200, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
> You can build it yourself, see
> https://github.com/nttgin/BGPalerter#more-information-for-developers
>
> I think that the binaries are here for thoses that don’t want to install
> all the build-chain.

Indeed, the binary files in the github repository in the 'bin/'
directory are merely provided as a convenience service so interested
people don't need to compile the software themselves in order to run
tests. This project is 100% open source.

At some point in the future ready made binaries should move to a
different place, for example perhaps we can distribute packages through
the PPA mechanism for debian/ubuntu. It would be cool if we get to the
point where one can install the software by simply issuing a command
like "apt install bgpalerter". Help with packaging is most welcome! :-)

Kind regards,

Job