Corporate Identity Theft: Azuki, LLC -- AS13389, 216.179.128.0/17

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Aug 15 04:33:19 UTC 2019

On 15/08/2019 06:16, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:
>> - If the resource owner is no where to be found, why should we as a
>> community care?
> I'm so glad you asked.
>

> Regardless, in -either- the case where no heir can be found -or- in the
> case where the rightful heir is either just too dumb or just too lazy
> to take the minimal steps necessary to reclaim the property (and/or before
> this has ocurred) the community should care because the kind of people who
> either steal or squat on IPv4 blocks are, almost without exception, not the
> kind of people who anybody sane wants to be accepting packets from, let
> alone peering with.  There is, in my opinion and experience, a high
> degree of correlation between skulduggery with respect to -obtaining-
> (illicitly) IPv4 address blocks and using those addresses in a manner
> which is not at all conducive to the general welfare of the Internet or
> its users.

So if the rightful is apathetic, then won't these new "malicious blocks"
just end up in numerous blacklists and all the illegal activity being
performed from those usurped blocks will just be blocked in the end?
Since the RIRs won't do much(as much as we have tried) why not just
leave it be (as much as it may hurt to do that) and let the bad blocks
just become part of the blacklist sludgepool?

>> Report it on some webpage and call it "Internet
>> Resources stolen", document every incident as you do via email, send a
>> copy to the appropriate RIR and upstream ISP allowing the hijack in
>> question to show that you did the appropriate effort and we can then
>> move on.
> I can and will stop posting here, and go off an blog about this stuff
> instead, if the consensus is that I'm utterly off-topic or utterly
> uninteresting and useless.  But a few folks have told me they find
> this stuff interesting, and it has operational significance, I think.
> So for now, at least, I'd like to continue to share here.

Suggestion: post here a link to your new blog for every incident you
find.  State here something like "/22 stolen from xxxx registered in
country aaa by yyy located in country bbb".  Those that are interested
will click on the link and I suggest you allow comments on every blog
post so that people can respond and comment.

Regards,

Hank