provider email maintenance standard

Andrew Dampf adampf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:25:22 UTC 2019

I ended up writing a flask app that parses provider maintenance emails and
posts slack notifications at the start and end of the window. You can also
extend it to take actions like drain/undrain traffic during windows. Right
now the five supported providers are NTT, PacketFabric, EUNetworks, GTT,
and Zayo. The first three follow the MAINTNOTE standard. The last two were
done via bs4 and good old regex. Upcoming parsers are in the works for
Reliance, CenturyLink, and Tata.

I hope others find this useful and deploy it for their networks. Let me
know what you think and if you'd like to contribute:
https://github.com/wasabi222/janitor

Here are some screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/tMTlMwH

If you know of more providers that follow the MAINTNOTE standard, please
let me know so I can add them to the parser. Thanks!