Corporate Identity Theft: Azuki, LLC -- AS13389, 216.179.128.0/17

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Aug 13 19:35:22 UTC 2019

In message <CA+FDdDQ3vBm_=j2GjdHRT4evh_5yz8Lzg2bKTaTErBWpgavp=A at mail.gmail.com>
Ross Tajvar <ross at tajvar.io> wrote:

>Seems like submitting a fraud request to ARIN is more effective than
>writing a novel and sending it to NANOG, and doesn't require the latter...

As noted in my immediately prior posting, ARIN's careful adjudication of
this or any other possible case of fraud could take weeks or even months.
And even if, after careful and thoughtful deliberation, ARIN concludes
that there is indeed something wrong here, ARIN has neither the power nor
the authority to tell anyone how to configure their routers, and thus,
any decision or conclusion made by ARIN, regarding this or any other case
of possible fraud, will have no immediate effect on the flow of bad packets.

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  I do apologize for my verbosity.  As the late Carl Sagan often said,
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  I made the extraordinary
claim, on this public mailing list, that -something- fradulent had gone on
with respect to the 216.179.128.0/17 block which has resulted in the WHOIS
record for that bearing little or no relationship to actual reality.
Having made the claim, I felt a duty to explain and to provide the evidence,
not in 140 characters, but in detail.