Mx204 alternative

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sat Aug 10 12:01:24 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-10 02:29, Saku Ytti wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 00:22, Brandon Martin <lists.nanog at monmotha.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes, yes they will.  I've seen some distributor pricing and, while not
>> officially under NDA, I will not mention it directly.  Suffice to say
>> you should demand at least 40-50% off list from your vendor to start with.
>
> You get better price from newegg for CSCO gear.

I've found that if Cisco is presented with competing quotes for
comparable equipment (eg. MX204 versus ASR9901) then they have inventive
to price their products competitively.  That said, a lot of SP's in the
Canadian market are moving to the MX204 because of the pricing and Cisco
was late to ingest that fact internally.

-- S