Mx204 alternative

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Fri Aug 9 21:19:05 UTC 2019

On 8/9/19 1:23 PM, Aaron wrote:
> We've gotten 5.7M in there with compression.

Out of curiosity, what are you doing that has 5.7M routes in a single
routing area?  That's a lot of edge routes, tons of VRFs, or something.

> Push them and they will get very aggressive on price.  VERY aggressive.

Yes, yes they will.  I've seen some distributor pricing and, while not
officially under NDA, I will not mention it directly.  Suffice to say
you should demand at least 40-50% off list from your vendor to start with.

--
Brandon Martin