MAP-E

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Fri Aug 9 19:05:58 UTC 2019

Hi Lee,

> Also but, would that be a Net Neutrality problem, charging less for a service that has arguably worse access to Amazon, Reddit, Twitter, etc.?

Net neutrality as it is here in Europe usually is satisfied when no preferential treatment is given to a limited set of services (Netflix has higher priority than Amazon Prime etc). The European regulators don't seem to specify things in technical terms but in "Apps" and "Services". As long as you don't treat those unfairly you should be fine. When you tell a regulator "yes, the new standard works better than the old standard, and we encourage everybody to support that new standard (which is a recognised best practice)" then there shouldn't be any problem.

Cheers :)
Sander