MAP-E

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Fri Aug 9 12:47:57 UTC 2019

On 8/8/19 9:00 PM, Masataka Ohta wrote:
> As for protocol, assuming port mapping on UPnP gateway is statically
> configured by ISPs not changable from CPE side, GetListOfPortMappings()
> of UPnP should be useful for CPEs to know range of ports to be used
> by them.

There's actually a DHCPv6 option for specifying the port information in
addition to the transition tech in use.  I had previously inquired to
NANOG about it, though I don't recall the specifics at this time.

In theory, with that in place, a user could go buy any ol' RG style
router with support for the proper transition tech and just plug and
play like they currently do with native dual-stack networks.
--
Brandon Martin