MX10003 rack size

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Tue Aug 6 15:52:02 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 10:23 AM im <nanog at netfront.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Has anyone ever managed to fit a Juniper MX10003 in a 90cm deep rack? Without applying power tools to either the rack or the router ;)
>
> No.
>
> In my case, MX10003 needs 13cm gap between front-door and fron-panel,
> and needs 10cm gap between back-door and back-panel.
>
> You need at least 120cm depth.

... but... but the sales blurb says: "Space and Power Optimized
Provides advanced power-saving features in a small form factor to help
contain OpEx and ensure exceptional efficiency."

> you can install 90cm depth rack if without cabling, never power-on ;)

Ah. Yes, if you never power it on, it has awesome OpEx, and
exceptional efficiency... solved!

> thanks,
>
> --
> im <nanog at netfront.jp>
>

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:32:23 +0200
> Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone ever managed to fit a Juniper MX10003 in a 90cm deep rack? Without applying power tools to either the rack or the router ;)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Sander

idea in the first place.
of pants.