What can ISPs do better? Removing racism out of internet

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Mon Aug 5 18:24:31 UTC 2019

On Monday, 5 August, 2019 10:25, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:

>I'd be more concerned with the lack of notice given to their
>customer.  This was 24 hours notice, and I'd expect at least
>30 days under any hosting contract.  This scares the shit
>out of me as a customer; could cloudflare decide to give me
>no notice and shut my services off?

Yes.  This is in Cloudflare's Terms of Service.  You pay them and they provide services.  They may decide to terminate those services at any time, without any prior notice whatsoever, and keep your money.  You agree to this when you contract with them.

So I would suppose that this just means that you would not do business with Cloudflare.  That is your right.  If you do not like the contract provisions you are free not to contract with them.

If you do not mind that they may decide at any point in time for any reason or no reason at all to terminate your services and stop providing the service for which you have paid in advance (and without refund), then you are free to do so.

As always, the choice is yours.  No one compels you to do business with Cloudflare.