MAP-E

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Mon Aug 5 01:43:00 UTC 2019

Moving away from the discussion around what technology people may choose to go with, and instead what CPEs may be suitable...

I know this is 464XLAT rather than MAP-E that was originally requested, but recent versions of D-Link firmware, eg for the DVA-2800, include the CLAT functionality. My testing in November last year showed that it only partially worked, with the traceroutes to 64:ff9b::1.1.1.1 working, but it would not automatically translate a traceroute to 1.1.1.1 to the IPv6 version. There have been a few new revisions since then and it is on my to-do list to re-test things, but I haven't had the time.

It is also worth noting that, in the original firmware revision I tested, I had to manually enter the URL for the CLAT configuration screen. It simply wasn't on the menu. On another version, it had a link to DS-Lite configuration, and from there you get a link to the CLAT options. It is possible that other devices and/or vendors also have this option, or options for similar technologies such as MAP-E, but they just don't have a link to it in the interface.