[nanog] Cisco GLBP/HSRP question -- Has it ever been dis

Chriztoffer Hansen chriztoffer at netravnen.de
Mon Aug 5 00:29:08 UTC 2019

cyrus,

cyrus ramirez wrote on 04/08/2019 21:40:
> If you're looking for vendor neutral FHRP, VRRP has RFC
> documentation. GLBP and HSRP are Cisco proprietary protocols
> and are protected information other than the study material
> and how too out there.

The thing about the study material I know already. (have been
through both ccna- and ccnp-level route/switch/design training material
in recent 1-4 years)

The question was simply about if GLBP/HSRP had ever been up in
discussions in the IETF concerning publishing the protocol
specifications as a standard. (As pointed out. I totally forgot about
the RFC concerning HSRP.) Haven't gotten a response on the GLBP part.
Which I am more than doubtful, myself, will ever come to fruition as a
standard in an IETF WG.

--

[ have you enabled IPv6 on something today...? ]
[ Chriztoffer Hansen            +1 914 3133553 ]