Spam due to new ARIN allocation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Aug 4 03:42:05 UTC 2019

Tim -

When you have moment, could you forward both of those Whois spam messages to compliance at arin.net<mailto:compliance at arin.net> ?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers]

On 2 Aug 2019, at 7:32 PM, Tim Burke <tb at tburke.us<mailto:tb at tburke.us>> wrote:

We recently received a new ASN from ARIN - you know what that means... the sales vultures come out to play!

So far, it has resulted in spam from Cogent (which is, of course, to be expected), and now another company called "CapCon Networks" - http://www.capconnetworks.com. As far as I am aware, this practice is against ARIN's Terms of Use. Is it worth reporting to ARIN, or perhaps it's worth creating a List of People To Never Do Business With™, complete with these jokers, and other vultures that engage in similar tactics?

Regards,
Tim Burke
tim at burke.us<mailto:tim at burke.us>