AWS latency is Asia-Pacific

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Sat Aug 3 15:13:27 UTC 2019

Is anyone else seeing increased latency both within AWS and transit in the Asia-Pacific region?

We normally see 90-100ms between Aus and Sing within AWS, for the past 18 hours or so this has jumped up to 190ms - even for internal VPC-VPC traffic. Transit from Aus to Sing (3rd party endpoints) is also 190ms or so.

So far, Amazon has told me everything is fine, but that same latency test from a budget VPS provider in Sydney to Singapore is like 92ms, whereas on AWS its 190ms.

I have some tickets in queue, but curious if anyone else has observed anything.

-John