Spam due to new ARIN allocation

Tim Burke tb at tburke.us
Fri Aug 2 23:32:59 UTC 2019

We recently received a new ASN from ARIN - you know what that means... the sales vultures come out to play!

So far, it has resulted in spam from Cogent (which is, of course, to be expected), and now another company called "CapCon Networks" - http://www.capconnetworks.com. As far as I am aware, this practice is against ARIN's Terms of Use. Is it worth reporting to ARIN, or perhaps it's worth creating a List of People To Never Do Business With™, complete with these jokers, and other vultures that engage in similar tactics?

Regards,
Tim Burke
tim at burke.us