The future of transport in the metro area

Etienne-Victor Depasquale edepa at ieee.org
Fri Aug 2 18:06:41 UTC 2019

Bear with me one more time as I drill down a little and spell things out.
I've realized that there may be more than one interpretation of "EoDWDM".
Are you referring to:

(a) Ethernet packets in OTU frames - thereby implying an underlying OTN?

(b) Ethernet optical SFP+ transceivers with a cable connection into a
transponder plugging into a DWDM Mux or DWDM OADM? (no circuit transport)

--
Ing. Etienne-Victor Depasquale
Assistant Lecturer