UK, NL, & Asia LTE Providers for Opengear Console Servers

Andy Sparrow spuggy930 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 19:53:28 UTC 2019

According to
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/12/12159210/google-project-fi-three-network-international-roaming-speed
,
Project/Google Fi added 3/Hutchinson as a native carrier in the UK in the
same way that Sprint/T-Mob/US Cellular networks provide service in the US.

One of Hutch's subsidiaries probably provides service almost everywhere in
the world (except, oddly, Mexico, last I looked). But whether there's a
Google/Hutch tie-in in that market another matter. A Fi data SIM should
work in any Google-supported market though. Checking the bands used by the
local markets (and/or the prospective device) might be a good idea.

Think I've had Fi for 4 years now. Stepping off the plane and your phone
Just Works is kind of magical.

You can only activate a voice SIM in a Fi-supported phone - but the SIM
will work if transferred to another phone once activated, you just may have
fewer radios & lose functionality (like transparent in-call handoff between
multiple carriers).