Help needed to validate results of topology discovery research

Bahador Yeganeh byeganeh at cs.uoregon.edu
Tue Apr 30 17:11:48 UTC 2019

Hi Nanog members,

I am senior PhD student with the Oregon Network Research Group (
https://onrg.gitlab.io) at the University of Oregon, and sending this email
to seek your help for validating the research results for one of our
network measurement projects.

We have conducted a large scale measurement study to infer the private
(both physical and virtual) and public interconnections between Amazon/AWS
network and all other ASes across the Internet along with their metro area
where they are located. More information about this project can be found at
https://ix.cs.uoregon.edu/~byeganeh/cloudx/. We are interested in
validating at least part of our results against ground truth. If you are
managing an AS that has one or more direct peerings with any of Amazon's
networks (AS7224, AS16509, AS19047, AS14618, AS38895, AS39111, AS8987, and
AS9059) and aware of their IPs and locations, it would be extremely
valuable if you could validate our inferred peering between your AS and
Amazon at the *aggregate level *(i.e. just indicating what fraction of our
inferred interconnections for your network is correct). We will report this
aggregate result in our study without revealing the identity of your
network.

If you have any questions or need more information about this project,
please feel free to contact me.

I appreciate your prompt response as we are trying to submit this study to
a conference in a few weeks.

Regards,
Bahador Yeganeh