looking for hostname router identifier validation

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 20:13:38 UTC 2019

I would caution against putting much faith in the validity of geolocation
or site ID by reverse DNS PTR records. There are a vast number of
unmaintained, ancient, stale, erroneous or wildly wrong PTR records out
there. I can name at least a half dozen ISPs that have absorbed other ASes,
some of those which also acquired other ASes earlier in their history,
forming a turducken of obsolete PTR records that has things with ISP domain
names last in use in the year 2002.