Packetstream - how does this not violate just about every provider's ToS?

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Apr 26 17:57:04 UTC 2019

Anne,

As a lawyer, I’m sure you realize those overly broad policies are unenforceable on their face. Phrases such as “resell...directly or indirectly” could just as easily be interpreted to mean you can’t perform paid consulting work by email over a residential link — something patently ridiculous.

Can you cite any case law where these restrictions have been enforced? I believe if a case every cane to court, the defense would have an excellent argument that the plain meaning of these restrictions is to prevent others from buying direct Internet access from another communications channel (e.g., WiFi) from the residence, not passing data through the residence.

-mel via cell