Open Petition for ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation (fwd)

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Fri Apr 26 16:47:20 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:41:18AM -0500, Matt Harris wrote:
[snip]
> Can you (or someone else on the list, perhaps even someone who was involved
> in voting this down) provide some more details as to why it was rejected?
> What were the arguments in favor of rejecting the proposal?  This seems
> like an interesting idea to me, and one that I can't immediately come up
> with any arguments against from my own perspective.  There's probably some
> room for discussing and tuning specifics, but ultimately the concept seems
> reasonable to me.  What am I missing here?

Speaking solely for myself, it would be reasonable to start
any discussion based upon the on-record rationales for its
rejection.  As such I would direct interested parties to the
Draft Advisory Council Meeting minutes from April 10
https://www.arin.net/about/welcome/ac/meetings/2019_0410/

and most specifically on that page
"16. ARIN-Prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation"

Cheers,

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling