Packetstream - how does this not violate just about every provider's ToS?

Mark Seiden mis at seiden.com
Thu Apr 25 16:10:34 UTC 2019

feeling cranky, are we, job?   (accusing an antispam expert of spamming on a mailing list by having too long a .sig?)
but it’s true!  anne runs the internet, and the rest of us (except for ICANN GAC representatives) all accept that.

to actually try to make a more substantial point, i am quite curious how the AUPs of carriers try to disallow bandwidth resale while permitting

• cybercafe operations and other “free wifi" (where internet service might be provided for patrons in a hotel or cafe)
• wireless access point schemes where you make money or get credit for allowing use of your bandwidth (e.g. Fon)
• other proxy services that use bandwidth such as tor exit nodes and openvpn gateways

i suppose they could just try to disallow resale or allow on-premises use even if revenue is received.  the Fon business model seems pretty comparable to me.