P2P [was: Special Counsel Office report web site]

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu Apr 18 14:36:24 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 12:56:03PM +0000, Kain, Rebecca (.) wrote:
> I can???t believe p2p isn???t used more, even inside companies.  It does have legit uses

It does, and some of the use cases for it are quite compelling.  However,
there is often deep mistrust associated with it: years of propaganda from
the copyright lobby have fostered the impression that it is inherently
malicious.  That can be very difficult to overcome: it's in the
same class of mythos as "all ICMP traffic is bad", and well, lots of
us have spent lots of time over lots of years trying to get past that one.
Getting P2P accepted looks like a much bigger hill to climb.

---rsk